A separate permit shall be required by a person who intends to carry out any of the following works under Section 50 of the WSIA and the Water Services Industry (Permit) Rules 2007.
The Following are the types of permits:
- An IPA Type A permit (water plumbers) for carrying out any construction, connection, modification or repairs to water pipes and water fittings which will convey water from public mains; or
- An IPA Type B permit (sewerage plumbers) for carrying out any works necessary to connect a private connection pipe to a sewer or sewage treatment works; or
- An IPA Type C permit (works contractors) for the construction, installation or modification to any part of a water supply system or sewerage system; or
- An IPA Type D permit (O&M contractors) to carry out maintenance services for a water supply system or sewerage system but does not involve the operation of such system; or
- An IPA Type E permit (desludging contractors) to undertake, provide or make available sewerage desludging services.